Happy belated Valentines day everybody! Sorry for the late post!
I thought that I would share this recipe for buckwheat sugar cookies because I made a whole heap of heart shaped ones! Granted, it was the only cookie cutter I had in the house but nevertheless these are quite easy to make and are tasty too! I found the original recipe on Pinterest here and adapted it to be Failsafe. The cookies look like just regular biscuits (see my pictures below), they turned out NOTHING like the picture on the other site. This made about 20 medium sized cookies.
Buckwheat sugar cookies
Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, failsafe
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 100g GF plain flour
- 125g nuttelex (butter or other margarines that can be tolerated)
- 120g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- white sugar to sprinkle
- Beat the nuttelex and sugar till creamy and then add the egg and beat till incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients (the two flours, sugar and baking powder). Mix around and then when it becomes more doughy then you can knead. It may still feel pretty wet though so you might just want to mix with a spoon.
- When it is all mixed well roll into a ball and wrap it in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. This helps harden the dough so you can roll it out.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper till about 0.5cm thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut to the desired shape and size. Alternatively roll small balls and flatten out.
- Sprinkle more sugar on the top.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20mins at 180C.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.