Gluten free, (dairy free), soy free, nut free, failsafe, vegetarian
- 125g butter or nuttelex
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups of GF plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric beater.
- Add the egg and beat till mixed.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a spoon or spatula (flour, sugar, bicarb soda, carob powder).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spoon 1/2-1 tablespoon of the dough on to the tray. Flatten with the spoon. Make sure you space them out as the cookie will spread when cooking.
- Bake for around 10-15 mins, go for a shorter time for a softer chewy cookie and longer for a more crunchy cookie.