I have to first start off by apologising for having such a long and unannounced hiatus. It’s been a crazy couple of months with trying to finish my PhD and starting a new part-time job. Nevertheless I have a backlog of experimental recipes to write about. Also in the last few months I have been on medication to help my skin which means I am able to eat more freely so the shift of the recipes will away from the strict elimination diet but as always will be modifiable.
This chicken sauce is a mixture of the stock standard sauces that probably will be in your fridge by now. We grill a lot of our chicken which means less cleaning up and you don’t have to stand there watching it. Also, we use thigh fillets as we find that the meat doesn’t dry out as much as chicken breast normally will.
Sweet grilled chicken
Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, failsafe
- 4 pieces of thigh fillets
- 2 heaped teaspoons of pear ketchup
- 2 heaped teaspoons of no tomato sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons of magic sauce (get that recipe here)
- 1 small clove of finely chopped garlic (optional but highly recommended)
- Mix all the sauces and garlic in a bowl with the chicken. Leave to marinate at least an hour for maximum tastyness. If you don’t marinate also no big deal.
- Line a tray with aluminium foil with the edges folded up to stop juice flowing everywhere.
- Place chicken on the tray, not touching each other and grill under high heat for 10-15 mins or until as browned as you can tolerate.
- Flip over and cook the other side for about 10 mins or until it is cooked and brown enough for your liking. The more browned the more amines so just watch out for that.
- Serve with some rice or potatoes and some veggies that you tolerate. Also don’t forget to use the sauce/juice mixture!