French toast aka eggy bread is a great breakfast/brunch treat. When ever I have a loaf of GF bread and some time, I love to have this to start the day. You will fill fuller for longer as you are getting carbs plus protein! It is super easy, pretty fast and can look really fancy.
Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, vegetarian, failsafe
- 1 egg
- 2-3 slices of GF bread (one that you can tolerate)
- Oil/butter for frying
- Golden syrup, to serve
- Crack an egg into a bowl and beat.
- Cut your bread into quarters and dip into the egg (both sides). I find one jumbo egg coats about 3 slices of a small GF bread loaf. Really depends on the size of your egg and the bread though.
- Place egg coated bread into a pan with a little oil, set on medium heat.
- Fry both sides.
- Serve with a drizzle of golden syrup. Eat while still warm
Other serving suggestions:
- Serve with a sprinkle of vanilla dusting sugar.
- Add a few drops of vanilla into the egg.
- Serve with caramel sauce.
- Serve with some chopped up pear.